Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Green Grass Art~ Montana Mixed-Media


I have never been to Montana.  So I've  heard that it's raw beauty is spectacular.  Montana is on my bucket list.

When I get there I'll be sure to look up Betina Johnson of Green Grass Art. 

I started this blog last October.  I also started a Facebook page for Lapis&Moss so that I could help promote the blog and search for artists that I would potentially like to feature.

Betina had posted a comment on my Facebook page and her work caught my attention.  I began to follow her on Facebook in return.

I've never met Betina and up until this blog post I had never reached out to Betina.  Here's what I can tell you from pure observation.

Her work is lovely.  A representation of her Montana roots, she is able to give me a sense of her domain through her art without having to be there.  Her work embodies the natural environment that surrounds her and the simplicity of her work presents a folk style. 

The mixed-media paintings resonate with her audience as her subject matter appear to be familiar and local.  While the actual paint techniques and style may be more complex, the rich colors and tangible subjects open your eyes to her world.


I have been following Betina on Facebook for about 6 months now.  Here's what I can tell you.  Not only does she appear to have a genuine beauty through her art it is clear she lives this beauty in her everyday life.  Her written posts are full of interest and positivity and it makes her art work that much more meaningful and alluring.  

Betina is an example of the complexity between creating art with a meaningful soul. 


I encourage you to take a look into Betina's world and her work at Green Grass Art.










No comments:

Post a Comment