Thursday, April 17, 2014

Don't make plans for the day, the day will make plans for you

I woke up ready to write my next blog entry this morning.  I was going to discuss my temporary art studio at the farmhouse.  I had made plans for the day.

I ended up at the fabric store.  The day had different plans for me.


Seriously, seriously love fabric.  I'm a self-professed textile junkie.  It's eye candy for the artistic soul.  The colors, patterns and textures are intoxicating to me. 

I woke up ready to write my blog entry, but I knew I needed supplies for a requested project.  Due to the fact that I'm in Ohio instead of Wisconsin until June, I don't have enough fabric variety to get me through.  I needed to replenish. 

15 minutes.  I would run into the fabric shop and run out.  15 minutes.  


2 hours later.  I left the fabric shop.  On one hand I was totally irritated with myself as I had intended to proceed with other plans for the day.  On the other hand I was giddy with excitement because I was leaving with remnants galore, polka dots and floral patterns and some hand-dyed burlap and wool.  The irritation was fleeting I was feeling pretty darn good.

When I returned home I laid out all of my finds. 


So today's post isn't describing a transition or one of my house rehab projects.  No, today's post represents the beauty of spontaneity and the happiness it brings when you do something you love.  The unexpected pleasures of life sometimes just happen when we're too busy making plans. 











2 comments:

  1. Love the fabric…I know that addiction. BTW, where are your favorite spots in OH to shop for great, unusual fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alisa, I try to look for as much vintage fabric as I possibly can at different little antique, thrift stores. Fabric Shack is probably my go-to for color and variety...great remnants! I'll hit Jo-Anns, hobby lobby etc for background fabric. Online is becoming my new addiction as I love most of the British suppliers and they're hard to find here!

    ReplyDelete