Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Just when you think the day can't get any better


This is what saturday looked like.
Gorgeous!

While I haven't spent a ton of time in Wisconsin I can tell you that my future favorite past time will be attending the Dane County Farmer's Market in Madison. 
 
This is a summer market located on the Capitol Square in Madison that runs every Saturday.  The market boasts to be the largest "producer-only" farmer's market in the U.S.  Someone at the market explained it to me that whoever farms the product has to be present to sell it at the market.  In other words there's no middle man.


I particularly love going to the market for the colors.  The colors of the flowers are vibrant and the vegetables are farm to table fresh.  In addition to the delicious colors and vegetables the kids are happy because there are trees to climb and lawns to relax on.


We were a little late to the market on Saturday so we were eager to look for excitement elsewhere in the city.

I needed coffee.  Not just any coffee.  I wanted Peet's.  A Peet's almond milk latte to be exact.  I had done my research and there are two Peet's in the state of Wisconsin.  I decided that it was time to find one of them.  We set off toward the University of Wisconsin campus in search of the student union.


Low and behold we made it to the student union and there it was Peet's coffee.

 
We had just found my perfect cup of coffee but what we didn't realize was that the day was about to get a whole lot better.  

We walked into a music and arts festival that was taking place on the UW campus.  Stages were set-up, bands were playing and people were dancing. 


We decided we should take a chance and take it all in.


Saturday was another invaluable life lesson.  Just when you think the day can't get any better; life can't get any better...it does. 


1 comment:

  1. I saw your instagram comment! :) Glad I commented...and that you don't think I'm a stalker. ;) I've looked at your blue house yard photos like ten times - they are gorgeous! Our new yard is a disaster! You found the best part of Madison! We LOVE the Farmer's Market and all of downtown! Perhaps we can plan a morning meet-up some Saturday this summer. So happy to have come across your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete